可口可乐公司是世界上最大的饮料生产企业，也是格鲁吉亚亚特兰大国际软饮料销售企业的开拓者和领导者。它最著名的软饮料品牌可口可乐，这是由John S. Pemberton教授发明的幸运当他混合碳酸水和糖在他的实验中其他成分。除可口可乐外，该公司还拥有五种最著名的软饮料品牌，可口可乐，如前所述，可口可乐、雪碧和健怡可口可乐四种。
This report aims to use a SWOT analyze method to analyze the marketing strategy and future plan of Coca Cola and Future Cola, and in order to do this, a lot of work have been done. First, this report analyzes the inner and market environment of both companies, and secondly it adopts the SWOT method to analyze the strength, weakness, opportunities and threats of both coke product. Thirdly, market segmentation, targeting strategy, positioning strategy and target market of both companies are drawn out and the compare between the two companies appears slowly. Finally, the recommendations for both brands are pointed out.
Coca Cola, which can count as the NO.1 brand of soft drink, faces the challenge of a new-comer in the soft drink industry, Future Cola. The report compares two brands of coke and their marketing strategy and give the recommendations for their further development. Firstly, this report analyzes the inner and market environment of both companies, and secondly it adopts the SWOT method to analyze the strength, weakness, opportunities and threats of both coke product. Thirdly, market segmentation, targeting strategy, positioning strategy and target market of both companies are drawn out and the compare between the two companies appears slowly. Finally, the recommendations for both brands are pointed out.
2. Discussion and Analysis
2.1 Industry and Company Background
2.1.1 Coco Cola’s Background
Coca cola is the largest International company that produces drinks and the pioneer and also the leader of the international soft drink selling enterprise based in Atlanta, Georgia. It’s most famous for the soft drink brand Coca Cola, which was invented with a stroke of luck by professor John S. Pemberton when he mixed carbonic water and sugar with other ingredient in his experiment. And apart from Coca Cola, the company possesses four of the five most famous soft drink brands, Coca Cola as it’s said previously, F anta, Sprite and Diet Coca Cola.
Coca Cola first entered Chinese market in 1927 in Shanghai, but due to the unsatisfied translatedChinese name of ‘Coca Cola’, it was not very popular until a professor called JiangYi who was a London resident gave Coca Cola a vibrant Chinese name. 22 years later, with the withdraw of American embassy, Coca Cola had vanished from Chinese market for 30 years.But fortunately China reopened the diplomatic door toward the USA in 1979, since then Coca Cola has boomed in Chinese drink market and has blended into Chinese people’s everyday life.
2.2.2 Future Cola’s Background
Future Cola was a national brand targeted toward family under Wahaha which was established in 1998, it was advertised in the slogan of ‘Chinese own coke’ in the first with an intension of competing with Coca and Pepsi, thus to encourage other national industries to participate in the international competition. Future Cola expanded its market successfully by a fierce advertising and price strategy, and the brand made good use of national complex to develop its market. Now, Future Cola target its market in Chinese small cities and rural areas and thus its market segment is limited, even so, Future Cola still performs well with a grade of 10 percent of market occupation rate.
2.2.3 Soft Drink’s Background
For the time being, soft drink market has reached a state of saturation with two main industry leaders occupying the market of the world in the percentage of approximately 80 percent and other small brand emerge here and there from now and then. It is the samein Chinese soft drink market.
There are five attributes in the domestic soft drink market.
1. Under the situation that there are so many soft drinks brands with almost the same flavor and the same taste, brands popularity has became the key factor for customers when they make their choice of purchase. Consequently brand influence is important.
2. Capital determines the structure of competing in soft drinks market, as is witnessed from the various mergers and acquisitions happened to various kinds of company, among which big capital always plays the biggest role and harvest the biggest harvest.
3. Advertisement and promotion cost remains high and even doubles the total profit amount in the soft drinks industry. Even so, advertisement does promote the selling of these products a lot, and the selling process can’t live without the advertisement.
4. The selling is carried out in the form ofdistribution selling which is able to carve out more market space, and the profit depends on the company’s distribution management and money control.
5. The competition advances toward a trend of multiplicity. Apart from the soft drink, enterprises won’t give up the market segmentation of hot drinks and other kind of drinks, so a multi-market condition is coming into being.